Search Recipes

Tuesday 26 April 2011

Cleanse Friendly Recipes All This Week!!!!

I guess the story for this week's blog begins at my Naturopath who shattered my fantasy world (LOL.) Skinny apparently doesn't mean healthy. Apparently, my body was full of yeast and I needed a "cleanse" to rid myself of toxins. I received the diet plan a single sheet of paper which made me immediately wince! No tomatoes, potatoes, peppers, eggplants, sugar, yeast, white rice, condiments, starch etc...

What would I eat? Childhood memories flashed back of brown rice, vegetable stir-fry and aduki beans :( No fun and absolutely no flavour!! As a Chef I knew this didn't have to be the case. There are so many flavourful ways to eat clean, stay full and satisfy my palates cravings for diversity.

This year I began a cleanse highly recommended by a celebrity. The first day I was starving and nauseous all day,  I started to eat their recommended supper (fried onion,garlic and broccoli simmered in water and pureed) and half way through I vomited. I went up to bed early miserable and laid their confused as to why I was choosing to punish myself? Cleansing should be invigorating, NOT punishment!

If you have decided to cleanse for health benefits don't leave yourself hungry. Eat plenty, eat well just eat clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment