Search Recipes

Monday 4 April 2011

After-School Snacks

When kids arrive home from school they are always hungry! Not addressing their hunger immediately will quickly turn them into impatient, grumpy kids.  Having an arsenal of quick recipes is a winning strategy to ensure your kids aren't dipping into sugary snacks or nagging you for supper early.

This week's blog entries will highlight quick and healthy snack ideas to soothe the hungry mouths in your house. I myself am very unpleasant when my blood sugar is low (understatement.) I remember coming home as a child and looking into the fridge puzzled as to what to eat, often filling up on sugary juice or cereal.

Remember your kids have bad days too! A colourful plate, some natural fruit sugar and a little emphasis on presentation can be a welcome after-school pick me up; hopefully, leading to a more pleasant evening.

Fab Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment